Sunday, April 20, 2014

Smooth Travel

We set off for our trip to Naples at 6:00am on Saturday morning!  Now I am not known to be the calmest of travelers . . . but I have decided to turn over a new leaf and try to be more easy going on travel days. . .today was the first big test of my new resolve.  The car picked us up promptly at 6am, we were dropped off at the door at 6:20am. We were at our gate in plenty of time and the plane was on time!  We had the bumpiest ride over to Atlanta. . .we were both almost airsick by the time we landed!  Short layover in Atlanta and then boarded the plane for Rome.  So far so good. . .calm as can be no problems.  As we are about to land in Rome I discover that my one shoe has managed to get caught under the seat. . .slight panic as I lay in the aisle trying to free my shoe.  Jeanna manages to get it out seconds before real panic sets in!  We head to the train to take us into the main train station in Rome so we can catch our train to Naples.  Smooth sailing or rather "train-ing" to Naples.  Maybe my new calm could be a long term thing. . .we will see:-)!

We got a taxi to the hotel.  Jeanna took a nap and my friend, Diane and I went to explore the city a little bit. .  .here are some shots of Napoli


 Really????? We are trying to figure out how he suspended like this!!!!

 Mt Vesuvius in the distance



We had a great dinner down by the water and now it is time for a long sleep!  Looking forward to a great Day1 of the trip tomorrow!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment