Monday, February 28, 2011

Renewed

This has been a wonderful break from our hectic traveling to get rested and renewed to begin our adventure again tomorrow.  Jeanna is not a beach vacation person and the thought of just going on one can quickly turn into a case of hives. . .but I think she may be reconsidering!  Today as we were having lunch on our deck she talked about coming back here and how next time we would have more time and perhaps play some badminton!  She loved the snorkeling especially because we could go from our front door and have the entire coral reef to ourselves.  There are water sports a plenty here. . .kayaking, wind surfing, paddle boarding, knee boarding, wake boarding, and water skiing.  She skied this morning and loved the lift the salt water gives you right from the start!  I think the clincher was the unbelievably beautiful spa with the wonderful massages and then the almost required nap in the afternoon!  So I may be seeing this place again.

I need no convincing that a beach vacation is the key to my renewal.  I am a Cancer, a crab. . .water is a part of me!  I feel at home on these crystal clear blue waters.  I could snorkel for hours with my guide chart in my hand identifying all my fellow sea creatures!  I also find the schedule of the day a lot like summer camp. . .early morning wake-up, morning activities, lunch, rest, afternoon activities, rest, dinner, evening program! I loved summer camp from the most rustic Girl Scout Camp - Camp Wesco to our seemingly plush YMCA camp - Camp T. Frank Soles!  My favorite section of Camp Wesco was Whispering Pines, our group of cottages here is Whispering Palms . . .brings back good memories!  I could stay here a few more days but I am excited to get to our next stop.

Tonight we will reunite for cocktails and dinner with the rest of our 74 travelers who have been spending some alone time these past two days.  We will pack up our big suitcase once again to be ready by 10pm.  Tomorrow will be an early wake-up call getting on the boats by 7:45am to take us to the plane.  It is also a big day because we have switched seats on the plane, it is like switching up the seats in a classroom, new neighbors and reorganizing our home base!  The flight to Thailand is 4 1/2 hours but it should go by quickly with a lecture, lunch, and the briefing for our next stop.

I am excited for Thailand. . .I want to touch and really get to know the elephants. . .I want to see the little baby elephants. . .tend to them, feed them and bath them!  Can't wait to show the photos!

So for now we have our second wind and are ready to explore this wonderful world some more.  I will keep these images of the sparkling blue waters close to my soul and understand that I am very blessed to be on this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment