Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And We Begin!

After almost a year of planning we are on our way to enjoy the "Experiences of a Lifetime" journey.  The first mini leg of our journey was smooth, a quick flight from PHX -> LAX on Southwest Airlines.  I am a big fan of Southwest. . . no hassles, no fees. . . and a painless stand in line according to your number seat assignment.  Well, I like that when I have a number that begins with "A" :-)!  My friends who know me and have travelled with me you will attest that I can be an anxious flyer. . .I like to be early, have all my ducks in a row and if set backs happen. . .I can go into a melt down faster than chocolate chip in a warm oven!  I have learned over the years to help prevent these nuclear meltdowns. . .on an airline like Southwest I have my finger on the enter button to check in as the clock flips to the 24 hour to take off mark, if we have connections to be made I allow plenty of time (we arrived in LA at 12:20pm for a 6:25pm departure), we traveling abroad to meet a trip we arrive the day before, and most importantly I carry Xanax in my front pocket!

So we are here in the Air New Zealand Lounge (Virgin Atlantic shares) waiting for a couple of hours until our flight.  All the bags made it from Phoenix and are safely checked to London.  We have talked about what we both brought. . .no one has made any "oh shit I forgot" discoveries so far.  Things are looking good!

Here's to a great beginning and on with the show!

3 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic time!! Did either of you remember to bring Pinocchio or did he fall off a cliff on the last trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are good here!!!! Greta and Louie are looking for you, but tomorrow will be better. Have a great ride to London .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up up and away Turtles! Have a nice Xanax sleep on that long flight! Lots of turtle love, Laurie and Jill xoxo (I hope your batteries last for hours of Angry Birds gaming). xoxo

    ReplyDelete